I'm a Viennese girl living in Split... and I'm a cakenista...
Plunge into the fascinating world of cakes with me...

Click! -for more information

Sunday, December 25, 2011

CHRISTMAS COOKIES

A barrel of X-Mas cookies...

This year I made a huge amount of Christmas Cookies for clients... nearly 30 kilos...so many, that I really was tired of making any more cookies and really happy when I was finished... I wasn´t even interested in eating some at Christmas Eve...

SHORTBREAD COOKIES
CINNAMON STARS
COOKIE PLATE

 
My favourite cookies are Viennese Vanilla Crescents. 

I made them according to a very, very, very old Viennese recipe.

I love them so much, that I would like to share the recipe with you. The secret is on one side to use margarine and not butter, because butter has a too high taste of it´s one and on the other side to use walnuts instead of hazelnuts. To get this crumbliness, which is typically for the Original Viennese Vanilla Crescents, you need to use a recipe without any eggs.   

Viennese Vanilla Crescents Old Viennese Style
  • 280 g soft margarine 
  • 140 g granulated sugar
  • 400 g all-purpose flour 
  • 125 g chopped walnuts
  • 2 packets of vanilla sugar 
  • ~100 g of confectioners sugar 
Preheat oven to 170°C.
In a mixing bowl, beat together margarine, granulated sugar, 1 pack of vanilla sugar and chopped walnuts, mix in flour. Mix shortly and finsih the dough with kneading by hand.
Shape dough into crescents using a teaspoon full for each crescent. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes. Do not brown.
Let cool slightly, then roll cookies in a mix of confectioners sugar and the remaining vanille sugar. 

Because of having that good reviews of these crescents, I made small Christmas-Packages with small Gugelhupfs and these delicious crescents... 


X-Mas gift for steady customers


along these lines, 
I wish you all a sweet merry Christmas
Tina 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Ideas, Suggestions???
Here we go...